At Source Media Group Corp., we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect and we believe this is the way a business should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- Our information handling practices
- The reasons for these practices
- Security steps in place to protect your information
- Your role in controlling your own personal information
Collecting Personal Information
At Source Media Group Corp. we collect personal information to better serve your needs. Whether it is developing new products and services or simply improving our current product lines, we are here to make sure that you get everything that you need. In order to provide you with our wide variety of service, products and promotions, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- Contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone number, fax numbers and email address.
- Employment information, credit information and personal references of those who are applying for credit.
- Any other relevant information that is necessary to provide you with our products and services.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at Source Media Group Corp. value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- Having our employees sign a confidentiality agreement;
- Keeping our records in locked filing cabinets;
- Having up-to-date computer security, such as passwords that must be changed every couple of months, encryption and firewalls;
- Where third parties are hired to assist us in providing products and services, we have them sign a privacy and confidentiality agreement to ensure that they protect your personal information.
Updating Your Personal Information
Source Media Group Corp. will do its best to ensure that your personal information is correct and kept current. We will keep your information for as long as is necessary to continue to meet your needs. Once your personal information is no longer needed we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information that you feel is necessary.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to control your own personal information. As such, we will collect information about you on a voluntary basis. However, in some circumstances before we collect personal information from you, we will have you complete a consent form, which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about handling of your personal information or wish to withdraw your consent, please contact Richard MacQuarrie at Source Media Group Corp. at (888) 932-3101 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing Your Personal Information
Source Media Group Corp. provides you with the opportunity to access your personal information that is held by us. It is our policy to ensure that customers can receive one copy of all data collected in their own personal file. If you require a copy of such information or further information, please contact Richard MacQuarrie at Source Media Group Corp. at (888) 932-3101 or email at email@example.com
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Alberta please visit the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.ab.ca